12. Yusuf – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi
“12. Yusuf – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi”
“Audhu billahi minash shaytanirrajeem”
Bismi Llaahi l-raḥmaani l-raḥeem
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. Alif, Lam, Ra… These are the signs of the Knowledge that clearly manifests the reality.
2. Indeed, We revealed the (READable, comprehendible) Quran in Arabic (from the essential reality of man denoted by the Beautiful Names, from the dimension of Knowledge to the consciousness of man) so that you may evaluate it with your reason.
3. We (as the qualities of the Names) reveal to you (from the knowledge in your essential reality to your consciousness) this (READable, comprehendible) Quran and disclose to you an exemplary account with the best narration… Indeed, this knowledge was not apparent to you before!
4. And when Joseph said to his father, “O my father! Indeed, I saw the eleven planets, the Sun, the Moon… I saw them prostrating to me.”
5. (His father) said, “My son… Do not recount your dream to your brothers, lest they set a trap for you (out of jealousy)… Indeed, Satan is a clear enemy to man.”
6. “Thus your Rabb chooses you, and teaches you to see the essence of affairs, and completes His blessing upon you and the family of Jacob, like he completed upon your fathers Abraham and Isaac before you. Indeed, your Rabb is the Aleem, the Hakim.”
7. Indeed, there are lessons in the incident of Joseph and his brothers for those who ask!
8. When they (his brothers) said, “Our father loves Joseph and his brother (Benjamin) more, while we are greater in number and more powerful! Indeed, our father is in clear error!”
9. “Kill Joseph or cast him out to (another) place so that his father’s love will turn to you! After that you will be at ease.”
10. Another one of them said, “If you want to do something, do not kill Joseph! Throw him into a well (not too deep), a caravan will (find him and) pick him up!”
11. They said, “O our father, why do you not trust us with Joseph while we only have well wishes for him?”
12. “Send him with us tomorrow so that he can freely go about and play… Indeed, we are protectors over him.”
13. (Jacob) said, “Indeed, it will sadden me if you take him… I fear a wolf will eat him while you are not paying attention to him.”
14. They said, “If a wolf should eat him while we are a strong group, then we will surely be losers.”
15. So, when they took him and agreed to put him into the bottom of the well, We revealed to him, “Indeed, you will confront them with this affair (one day) in a place where they will not recognize you!”…