9. At-Tawbah (60-129) – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi
“9. At-Tawbah (60-129) – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi”
60. Charity is an obligation by Allah, only for the poor and the needy, and those employed to collect charity, and for the purpose of guiding toward Islam, and for the servants, the indebted, for spending in the way of Allah and for the travelers… Allah is the Aleem, the Hakim.
61. Some of them distress the Nabi (the Rasul of Allah) and say, “He believes in everything he hears (every revelation he receives)”… Say, “He lends his ears (to revelation) so that good can reach you! He believes in Allah, as comprising his essential reality with His Names, and the believers, and he is a grace to the believers among you”… As for those who harm the Rasul of Allah, there is a painful suffering for them.
62. They swear by Allah, the One who comprises their essential reality, just to please you… If they were true believers (they would have known that) it is Allah and His Rasul, their essential reality, whose pleasure they should seek!
63. Do they still not know that whoever opposes Allah and His Rasul, for him there is hellfire, in which he will reside eternally? That is the great disgrace.
64. The hypocrites fear the revelation of verses informing them of what is in their hearts! Say, “Mock as you wish! Indeed, Allah will expose that which you fear.”
65. If you ask them, they will certainly say, “We were merely conversing and enjoying ourselves!” Say, “Is it Allah, your essential reality, His signs, and His Rasul that you were mocking?”
66. Make no excuse! You have denied the knowledge of the reality after believing! Even if We forgive some of you, We will subject those who are persistent in their error to suffering.
67. The hypocrite men and hypocrite women are of one another… They order what is against the command of Allah and prevent what is right; they are stingy… They have forgotten Allah, so He has forgotten them! Indeed, the hypocrites are the very corrupted ones (in faith)!
68. Allah has promised the fire of hell to the hypocrite men and women, and the deniers of the knowledge of the reality, to abide therein eternally… This is sufficient for them… Allah has cursed them (they are deprived of the Rahim quality in their Name composition). There is unceasing suffering for them.
69. (Just) like those before you… They were stronger than you in power… They were more abundant than you in wealth and offspring… They benefited from their share of worldly bounties… Like those before you benefited from their share, you also benefited from your share, and you indulged as they had indulged! Their deeds have become vain both in this world and the one to come… They are the very losers.
70. Has there not reached them the news of those before them, the people of Noah, Aad, Thamud, the people of Abraham, and the companions of Madyan and the people of Lot? Their Rasuls had come to them as clear signs! And it was not Allah who was doing wrong to them, but they were doing wrong to themselves.