9. At-Tawbah (1-59) – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi
“9. At-Tawbah (1-59) – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi”
1. An ultimatum this is, from Allah and His Rasul, to the dualists with whom you made a treaty!
2. Travel upon the earth for four months… But know well that you can never render Allah powerless… Indeed, Allah will (eventually) disgrace those who deny the knowledge of the reality.
3. A call (adhan) from Allah and His Rasul to the people on the day of the Great Pilgrimage, that Allah and His Rasul are free from the dualists! If you repent, it is better for you… But if you turn away, know well that you cannot render Allah impotent… Give the tidings of a painful end to the deniers of the reality.
4. Except those, among the dualists with whom you made a treaty, who did not let you down (who honored the treaty) and who did not support anyone against you… Fulfill your word to them until the end of the term (of the treaty). Indeed, Allah loves those who protect themselves.
5. When the sacred months are over, kill the dualists (who break the treaty and attack you) wherever you find them. Take them captive and besiege them and watch for them, taking control of all the gateways and passages! If they repent and establish salat and give alms then clear their way… Indeed, Allah is the Ghafur, the Rahim.
6. If one of the dualists surrenders and seeks your protection, then take him into your protection so (he may be closer to you and) he may hear the word of Allah, then deliver him to a place of safety… This is (what you must do) because they are a people who do not know (the reality).
7. How can the dualists have a treaty in the sight of Allah and His Rasul, except those with whom you made a treaty at al-Masjid al-Haram? So long as they uphold their word toward you, be upright toward them… Indeed, Allah loves those who submit to His command and who protect themselves from His punishment.
8. How (can there be a treaty with them)? If they gained dominance over you they would not have observed any oath or treaty concerning you! They satisfy you with their words, but refuse with their hearts! Most of them are corrupted in faith!
9. They exchanged the signs of Allah for a small price (worldly pleasures) and prevented people from His way. How wretched is what they do!
10. They observe neither treaty nor covenant where believers are concerned! They are the very transgressors!