14. Ibrahim – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi
“14. Ibrahim – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi”
“Audhu billahi minash shaytanirrajeem”
Bismi Llaahi l-raḥmaani l-raḥeem
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. Alif, Lam, Ra… This (Book) Knowledge (of reality and the sunnatullah) that We reveal to you is so you may take mankind out of the darkness (of ignorance) into the Nur (light of knowledge) based on the suitability of the Name composition comprising their being (B-izni Rabbihim), to the path of the Aziz (the One whose will to do as He likes, nothing can oppose) and the Hamid (the One who evaluates only Himself).
2. To Allah (who is the Aziz and the Hamid) belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth (for the observation of the qualities referenced by His Beautiful Names)… Woe to those who deny the knowledge of the reality for the severe suffering awaiting them!
3. They (who deny the knowledge of the reality) prefer the (limited) worldly life to the eternal life to come and they obstruct from the way of Allah, wanting to deviate it… They are in an extreme error that is difficult to correct.
4. And We disclosed every Rasul with the language of his people so they may explain clearly to them… Allah sends astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills… And He is the Aziz, the Hakim.
5. Indeed, We disclosed Moses with miracles, saying, “Take your people out of the darkness into the light of knowledge (Nur) and remind them of the eternal life to come, during which the command of Allah will be realized”… Indeed, there are signs in this for everyone who is very patient and very grateful.
6. And when Moses said to his people, “Remember the blessing of Allah upon you… (Remember) how He saved you from the people of the Pharaoh… They used to afflict you with the worst torment, slaughtering your sons and keeping your females alive… In that there was a great adversity from your Rabb!”
7. And (remember) how your Rabb had declared, “Indeed, if you are thankful I shall increase it, but if you are ungrateful, then certainly My punishment is most severe.”
8. Moses said, “If you and everyone on earth denied (the reality and was ungrateful) then (know well that) Allah is surely the Ghani, the Hamid.”
9. Did not the news of those before you, the people of Noah, Aad, Thamud and those after them reach you? None knows them but Allah! Their Rasuls had come to them with proofs yet they had covered their mouths with their hands (a gesture used by the Arabs to denote refusal of an idea) and said, “Indeed, we deny that with which you have been disclosed, and regarding that to which you invite us, we are in a disturbing doubt.”
10. Their Rasuls said, “Can there be doubt about Allah, the creator (the Fatir) of the heavens and the earth? He forgives the mistakes resulting from your humanity and gives you a chance until the end of your lifespan.” They said (to the Rasuls), “You are but humans like us (there is no miraculous aspect to you)… You want to obstruct us from what our fathers used to worship… So, bring us a clear sultan (miraculous authority, proof).”
11. Their Rasuls said to them, “We are humans like you, but Allah bestows His blessing (of risalah) upon whom He wills of His servants… It is not possible for us to bring you a sultan (miraculous authority, evidence) except if it becomes manifest by the permission of Allah (B-iznillah)… So, let the believers place their trust in Allah (believe the Name Wakil in their essence will fulfill its function).”
12. “And why should we not place our trust in Allah when He has guided us in the way of the reality? We will surely be patient against the harm you cause us… Those who trust should place their trust in Allah (believe the Name Wakil in their essence will fulfill its function).
13. Those who deny the knowledge of the reality (who live an egocentric life) said to their Rasul, “Either we will drive you out of our land or you will turn to our belief”… Their Rabb revealed to them, “Indeed, We will destroy the wrongdoers.”
14. “And after them We will make you dwell in that land… This is specific for those who fear My position and threat.”
15. (The Rasuls) wanted conquest… And (thereby) every obstinate tyrant lost….