57. Al-Hadid – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi
“57. Al-Hadid – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi”
Audhu billahi minash shaytanirrajeem”
Bismi Llaahi l-raḥmaani l-raḥeem
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. Everything in the heavens and the earth glorifies (tasbih) Allah (through fulfilling their functions). HU is the Aziz, the Hakim.
2. To Him belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth… He gives life and takes life! He is Qadir over all things.
3. HU is the Awwal (the first and initial state of existence) and the Akhir (the infinitely subsequent One, to all manifestation), the Zahir (the explicit, unequivocal and perceivable manifestation; the Absolute Reality beyond the illusion) and the Batin (the unperceivable reality within the perceivable manifestation, the source of the unknown; the Absolute Self beyond the illusory selves)! He is Aleem over all things (the Knower of all things as their creator with His Names)!
4. He created the heavens and the earth in six periods and then established Himself on the Throne! He knows what goes into the earth and what come out from it; what is disclosed from the sky and what ascends to it… And He is with you (the origin of your being) wherever you are (as your reality exists with His Names)… (This points to the unity of existence beyond the illusion of duality.) Allah is Basir of what you do (as their creator).
5. To Him belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth! All affairs are returned to Allah.
6. He transforms the night into the day and the day into the night! He, as their absolute essence (with His Names), knows what is in the hearts!
7. Believe in Allah and His Rasul, your essential reality with His Names… Give (for His sake) from that of which He has made you vicegerents! Those among you, who believe and give, there is a great reward for them.
8. What is your reason for not believing in Allah, your essential reality with His Names? While the Rasul invites you to believe in your Rabb, who brought you into existence from nonexistence with His Names, and has even taken your word! If, indeed, you are true believers!
9. He discloses clear (detailed) signs to His servant to take you out of the darkness (of ignorance) into the Nur (light of knowledge)… Indeed, Allah is Ra’uf and Rahim to you.
10. What is wrong with you that you do not give unrequitedly in the way of Allah, when the heritage of the heavens and the earth belongs to Allah (you will eventually leave all of your seeming possessions behind in the world)? Those of you, who gave unrequitedly and fought before the conquest (fath), are not equal (to those who did not)! They are higher in degree than those who gave and fought after (the conquest)! Allah has promised a good reward to all of them. Allah is Habir of what you do.
11. He who gives a good loan to Allah, Allah multiplies it for him and gives him a generous return.
12. That day you will see the believing men and women with their light (Nur) running before them and on their right side… (And it will be said), “Your good news today is of Paradises underneath which rivers flow, therein you shall live forever! This is the great attainment indeed!”
13. On that Day the (hypocrite) men and two-faced women will say to those who believed, “Wait for us that we may acquire some of your light (Nur; knowledge of the reality).” It will be said, “Go back and seek light.” And an (unsurpassable) wall will be placed between them with a door, its interior (inner world) containing grace, but its exterior is torment (the condition of those who fail to experience the reality is suffering, whereas observing the qualities of the Names leads to a state of grace).
14. They (the hypocrites) will say (to the believers), “Were we not with you?” They will say, “Yes, but you succumbed to provocation (did not experience faith) until there came the command of Allah (death), and you continuously monitored and fell into doubt, and your delusions deceived you and the great deceiver (the conditioned mind) deceived you with Allah (deluded you with the idea that since you are of Him you are free to do whatever you desire)!”
15. So, no ransom will be accepted of you (hypocrites) or the deniers of the reality today! Your refuge is the Fire… That (Fire) is your protector… What a wretched place of return it is!