67. Al-Mulk – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi
“67. Al-Mulk – Decoding The Quran – Ahmed Hulusi”
Muhammad (saw), the Rasul of Allah says in regard to this chapter:
“It is like a barrier. It is a savior. It protects and saves man from the suffering of the grave.”
Hence, the Rasul of Allah (saw) advises us to recite this chapter as a precaution and preparation for the suffering of the grave, and says:
“There is a chapter composed of 30 verses in the Quran that acted as an intercessor for a man and he was forgiven. That is the chapter ‘Tabarakalladhee biyadihil Mulk.” (Al-Tirmidi)
Abdullah b. Masud (ra) narrates the words of the Rasul of Allah (saw) regarding the life of the grave:
“When a person is buried in his grave, the angels of suffering will approach his feet… Then the angels in charge of the chapter al-Mulk will object and say, ‘There is no passage for you through us, for he used to recite the chapter al-Mulk when he was alive.’ Then the angels of suffering will approach his breast and stomach, again they will say, ‘There is no passage through us for he used to recite the chapter al-Mulk when he was alive.’ Then they will try and approach from his head, again they will object with the same strength and reasoning. The chapter al-Mulk is a preventor. It prevents the suffering of the grave. Whoever reads it at night will have accrued great merit and will have done an excellent thing.”
Audhu billahi minash shaytanirrajeem”
Bismi Llaahi l-raḥmaani l-raḥeem
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. Supreme is He in whose hand is dominion (the dimension of acts, which He administers as He wills at every instance)! He is Qadir over all things.
2. It is HU who created life and death to reveal which of you is best in deed. He is the Aziz, the Ghafur.
3. It is HU who created the heavens as seven dimensions. You cannot see any inconsistency in the creation of the Rahman. So, turn your gaze and have a look! Can you see any conflict or discrepancy?
4. Then turn your gaze twice again and have a look! Your vision will return to you fatigued (unable to find what it was looking for) and humbled!
5. Indeed, We have adorned the nearest heaven (of earth – the thought processes) with illuminants (the knowledge of the reality). We made them to stone and fend off the devils (satanic ideas). And We have prepared for them the suffering of the blazing Fire.
6. There is the suffering of Hell for those who deny their Rabb who comprises their essence! What a wretched place of return!
7. When they are cast into it, they will hear it rumble as it boils up and gushes!
8. It almost bursts from rage. Every time a group is cast into it, its keepers will ask them, “Did no warner come to you?”
9. And they (the people of Hell) will say, “Yes, indeed, a warner did come to us, but we denied him in disbelief! We told them, ‘Allah did not reveal anything, and you are in gross error.’”
10. They will say, “If only we had listened to them and used our reason, we would not be among the people of Hell now!”